Powered By Blogger

Friday, August 16, 2013

Opal by Jennifer L. Armentrout: 5 Stars

Opal (Lux, #3)
Tehe! Oh my Pepe....
Summary
No one is like Daemon Black.

When he set out to prove his feelings for me, he wasn’t fooling around. Doubting him isn’t something I’ll do again, and now that we’ve made it through the rough patches, well... There’s a lot of spontaneous combustion going on.

But even he can’t protect his family from the danger of trying to free those they love.

After everything, I’m no longer the same Katy. I’m different... And I’m not sure what that will mean in the end. When each step we take in discovering the truth puts us in the path of the secret organization responsible for torturing and testing hybrids, the more I realize there is no end to what I’m capable of. The death of someone close still lingers, help comes from the most unlikely source, and friends will become the deadliest of enemies, but we won’t turn back. Even if the outcome will shatter our worlds forever.

Together we’re stronger... and they know it.
The Plot
If you hadn't read Obsidian or my blog post on it I'd highly suggest it because I gonna spoiler all over this hot plot! You have been warned! The plot is the same ,but not dragging it out like some other books in  *cough* mockingjay*cough* It stays quick, warm, and simply out of this world.  P.S. I did see Blake betraying them coming.
Katy
 Katy is still funny as ever and still making mistakes. But, unlike when other people make mistakes (Luce) she doesn't play dumb, she owns up to it. She recognizes her past mistakes and tries to fix them, which is a great character trait. Also, though Daemon is her boyfriend, she doesn't let him push her around or make decisions for her, which is marvelous.
Daemon
 Still arrogant, snarky, and hot. There is a reason that Daemon is my all-time top Book Boyfriend next to Noah Shaw, Jace , and Archer. It's because he can be swoony, protective, and still be a man. He doesn't do all the corny stuff that other book guys do and when he does he does it with flair and class. The relationship between Katy and him is generic and is like every other relationship besides the sci-fi parts!
The Action
 The action sequences were sharp quick and well detailed.
The Ending
 The ending was gut-wrenching and brought me to tears. The fact that the government basically tortures them and uses onyx to do it is simply disgusting. When they had that final scene together with katy on the otherside and he finally said I Love You, I was like finally
.
I did expect one of them to get kidnapped or something I didn't expect Katy. I thought it would be Daemon. But, it's terrible because the mom doesn't even know about the luxens and probably thinks she's dead. I don't know what to do now because Daemon's words are still making me cry, months later (I read this when it first came out) and he's probably going to go after her ,but I HATE the idea of them being apart.description

No comments:

Post a Comment