Powered By Blogger

Thursday, May 30, 2013

Onyx By Jennifer L. Armentrout

Hello Everybody! Sorry I have been MIA for 6 months, school and all that. But I come bearing good news! You know the Onyx book review I keep promising to show? Well here it is!

Onyx (Lux, #2)
Being connected to Daemon Black sucks…

Thanks to his alien mojo, Daemon’s determined to prove what he feels for me is more than a product of our bizarro connection. So I’ve sworn him off, even though he’s running more hot than cold these days. But we’ve got bigger problems.

Something worse than the Arum has come to town…

The Department of Defense are here. If they ever find out what Daemon can do and that we're linked, I’m a goner. So is he. And there's this new boy in school who’s got a secret of his own. He knows what’s happened to me and he can help, but to do so, I have to lie to Daemon and stay away from him. Like that's possible. Against all common sense, I'm falling for Daemon. Hard.

But then everything changes…

I’ve seen someone who shouldn’t be alive. And I have to tell Daemon, even though I know he’s never going to stop searching until he gets the truth. What happened to his brother? Who betrayed him? And what does the DOD want from them—from me?

No one is who they seem. And not everyone will survive the lies…
The Story
OMG, So we go in all pumped up and then I am like "Woah, This better not have second book syndrome." But you know what it did, and I loved it. It didn't feel forced and whenever Katy was confused, I was confused. Whenever Daemon did something swoon worthy, I would swoon along with Katy. The thing about Jennifer's writing is that it just flows. She doesn't try to shove any characters down your throat or try to make an arrogant love interest. The reasons why Daemon is such a meany sometimes is not just to be mean, it's to protect himself. I did not see any of the twists coming (Spoiler) I did not think they were going to kill off Dee's boyfriend,but I always forgot his name. Oops, it's Adam, I just totally forgot.(End of Spoiler) The ending was fast paced and a major shocker. (SPOILER) I can't believe Will, ugh the poor mom! Poor Katy, I would've been crying and screaming after I had been freed.
Photobucket
Katy
As always she's hilarious. I have never read a character funnier than her and also as brave as her. I have only gotten annoyed with her once for not dropping Blake.(With the knife scene, I would have ran straight into Daemon's arms) She's strong and often that can be her fatal flaw to always be strong. She deals with things like a normal person ,but she isn't a complete goody-goody either. Her inner dialogue is seriously funny and I like the end when she finally tells Daemon that she loves him. And I was like
  
Daemon
If I had an actual boyfriend I would dump him just for Daemon. I mean like in the Thanksgiving scenes I was swooning, in the Lake scene I was swooning, and then I begin to wonder... is there ever a time when I read about Daemon Black that I do not swoon.

Yes I do
He is sweet, kind, funny, crazy, jealous, and most of all HOT!
The Ending
It's ok, I mean at least they are together.For Now

No comments:

Post a Comment