Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Tuesday Reviews- Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Summary for Obsidian- Starting over sucks.
When we moved to West Virginia right before my senior year, I'd pretty much resigned myself to thick accents, dodgy internet access, and a whole lot of boring.... until I spotted my hot neighbor, with his looming height and eerie green eyes. Things were looking up.And then he opened his mouth. Daemon is infuriating. Arrogant. Stab-worthy. We do not get along. At all. But when a stranger attacks me and Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, well, something...unexpected happens.  The hot alien living next door marks me. You heard me. Alien. Turns out Daemon and his sister have a galaxy of enemies wanting to steal their abilities, and Daemon's touch has me lit up like the Vegas Strip. The only way I'm getting out of this alive is by sticking close to Daemon until my alien mojo fades. 
If I don't kill him first, that is.
Quotes from Obsidian-
“Beautiful face. Beautiful body. Horrible attitude. It was the holy trinity of hot boys.”
“Swimming was the last thing I wanted to do. Drowning him? Maybe.”
“Will you show me what you really look like? You don't sparkle, do you?”

Review for Obsidian-

OMG!!!! 
That's exactly how I felt about this book. One the heroine isn't described like a perfect model or has a wild life. She isn't exactly helpless and doesn't deal with the jerky love interest pushing her around. Katy is a blogger and has had a rough life like basically all the YA novels. What sets it off is her easy banter and her not taking any trash from anyone. When faced with a problem - like finding out her neighbor and best friend is an alien doesn't run away, *Looks at Bella Swan sternly*  and she doesn't immediately run into the arms of the male love interest. 
Daemon
When I was first introduced to Daemon I thought "What a butt hole!" then as the novel progresses he becomes more like one of my fav book person named Archer from Hex Hall. He is very prickly but I can see that he has great moments. By the middle of the book I went all crazy fan girl because I just loved him! I literally started fanning myself because that's how smoking he is! I love it!
Overall
Be prepared to be impressed. This book is very unique and WILL leave you begging for the next.
Obsidian (Lux, #1)
How cute is the cover guy! Squeal!!


No comments:

Post a Comment